Well the summer is indeed over. Boo! With the sandals and shorts neatly packed away in storage, and the kids firmly ensconced back in school, the countdown to the festive season is underway. Perhaps, like some, your holiday planning has already begun in earnest. Or maybe you, like many others are in denial that 2017 is already three quarters of the way done with already! Really??!!
Of course, with only a couple of months to go to the biggest event of the year, many people, begin to turn their thoughts to planning an all-important festive celebration with loved ones, family, friends or corporate colleagues even. Perhaps this is your first time planning a festive celebration and you don’t know where to start? If so, and you are worried about being the perfect host this holiday season, we have the perfect reading material to get you started on your way. Happy forthcoming holidays and happy reading too!
- Set the Date Early. The party season is an extremely busy time of year for everyone and dates inevitably get booked up early. If you want to ensure good attendance at your bash, then you need to get your skates on and be organised. Book your venue as early as possible and send invites out at the very least. The rest of the finer details can be arranged once this is in place and the date is set.
- Start off on the right foot. As with all first impressions, it is important to perfect the opening to any party and create a festive atmosphere. Welcome drinks on arrival are a must to ensure the party spirit is fostered from the very beginning. A welcoming glass of champagne on arrival with a selection of aperitifs also allows invited clientele to break the ice and mingle with other guests.
- Book a headline act. Long after the champagne has been guzzled and the canapes devoured, make certain the highlight of your night is a headline act to remember. Whether this be a renowned six-piece jazz band, a death defying acrobatic act or simply a cracking singer, do your research and seek recommendations before booking.
- Deck the Halls. The sure fire way to get your guests in the party spirit is festive music and décor. The two naturally go hand in hand. Whatever way you wish to do it – tacky and cheerful or chic and sophisticated, ensure your room has plenty of festive cheer with lots of fairy lights, baubles, and of course, the all centre piece, the decorated Tree. The addition of some interactive party favours to each table such as paper party horns or poppers. If your budget will stretch as far, hiring in a Photo Booth is guaranteed to lead to some hilarious photos to share after the event! Be sure to purchase an array of photo booth props such as funny face masks, hats, feather boas, glasses and wigs for your guests to have fun with.
- Rock the Dancefloor. Of course, to rock the dancefloor you have to have good music. Period. Come on, we’ve all been there. The dancefloor is buzzing one minute, only to resemble the dusty plains of the Sahara Desert in the next second. Getting your music mix ‘bob on’ is vital to ensuring a night to remember for all the right reasons. If you are planning to compile your music independently without an experienced DJ, then do get feedback from others as to what works. What floats your boat music wise, doesn’t necessarily do it for others!
- Get Help. Engage the support of your venue’s resident Events Team to plan the finer details of the occasion. With detailed knowledge of your hotel and its staff, your resident Events staff here at Heartland Foxglacier can certainly help you to coordinate the key timetable for the night’s events; from the scheduling of pre-dinner welcome drinks and sit down meal through to liaising with any external suppliers and agencies in regards to entertainment on the night or venue décor.